Federica Marziale Iadevaia, known as Isola, is an independent visual designer based in Milan.
After graduating at Politecnico di Milano, she worked for Ginette Caron and XYcomm. In 2013 she started her collaboration with Pitis e Associati. From 2018 to 2020 she was Design Director of the studio. During this time, she has had the privilege to re-design the New Wired Italia, awarded at SPD52-2018 with the “Gold Medal” for the category “Best magazine of the year”; and the honour to re-design the New Vanity Fair Italia, awarded at SPD55-2020 with “Silver Medal” for the category “Design: Fashion and Beauty”.
Her approach is both strategic and creative, quality and solutions-oriented. Her commitment is to best tell a brand’s story, transforming ideas and dreams into powerful visual experiences.
Editorial and Print Design
1. Pepe Mujica, for the revolution
2. James Brown, for the rhythm
3. Platone, for the art of teaching and the Hyperuranium
4. Neapolitan Music, for the tearing passion
5. Amélie Nothomb, for irony
6. Carl Gustav Jung, for synchronicity
7. Ettore Sottsass jr, for frailty and genius
8. Cinema, in all its forms, for the stories
9. Franco Grignani, for the endless reserach and the rejection of certainty
10. Mary Anning, for bravery