Isola is a colourful Visual Designer who lives between Milan and Naples.
She was born in southern Italy, meaning she could eat, looking at the sea and stare at the sun all day.
After graduating at Politecnico di Milano, she worked for Ginette Caron and XYcomm. In 2013 she started her collaboration with Pitis e Associati. From 2018 to 2020 she was Design Director of the studio. She has had the privilege to re-design the New Wired Italia, awarded at SPD52 with the “Gold Medal” for the category “Best magazine of the year“; and the honour to re-design the New Vanity Fair Italia, awarded at SPD55 with “Silver Medal” for the category “Design: Fashion and Beauty“.
As a freelancer, her approach is both strategic and creative, quality and solutions-oriented. Her commitment is to best tell a brand’s story, transforming ideas into powerful visual experiences.
She has travelled to-and-froed over the world. That’s why she started the project Buenaonda. Her biggest dream is to discover the rest of the world. One day she will!
Her sparkling and colourful design is a way to express her love for life.
Identity and Logo
Editorial and Print Design
Event Art Direction
She eats Gelato, Pistachio granita and Pizza marinara.
Her greatest hit is Spaghetti al pomodoro.
She listens to Lust For Life by Iggy Pop.
She goes crazy for custard
She is a perfumes addict
Her nicknames are: Icaro, Cheeky Monkey, Kika, Chiocca and Ciccia.
Her mantra is: “How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." H.D. Thoreau
1. Pepe Mujica, for the revolution
2. James Brown, for the rhythm
3. Platone, for the art of teaching and the Hyperuranium
4. Neapolitan Music, for the tearing passion
5. Amélie Nothomb, for irony
6. Carl Gustav Jung, for the synchronicity
7. Ettore Sottsass jr, for frailty and genius
8. Cinema, in all its forms, for the stories
9. Franco Grignani, for the endless reserach and the rejection of certainty
10. Mary Anning, for bravery
11. Italo Calvino, for lightness
12. Francis Mallmann, for fire